It’s springtime! That means it is time to break out the shorts, T-shirts and sandals. Okay, that’s not quite the case here in Seattle. It is still a little cold to start wearing our warm weather gear, although some of us do anyway. However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t start preparing for nicer days (after all, at least the sun is now out on a regular basis) and what better way to do that than with a springtime cocktail!
Made with zippy fruits and herbs like strawberry, lemon and basil, you’ll be thinking spring with just one sip of this cocktail. If you plan on serving this drink at your next party, make sure to pick up some extra ingredients since you will want to at least quadruple this recipe to make sure you have enough for everyone. Watch as Brandi and Kaylie stir up a few ingredients to create this refreshing adult beverage and serve it to a surprise guest.
Brewin’ with Brandi: Springtime Cocktail
- ¾ oz. Monin Strawberry Syrup
- 1 leaf(ves) basil
- 1 strawberry(ies)
- ¼ oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. vodka
- ½ oz. gin
- 5 oz. cocktail/martini glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Muddle the strawberry, basil, lemon juice and Monin strawberry syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the vodka and gin, and if you want your drink extra cold, a few pieces of ice.
- Cap shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain and pour over ice.
- Garnish with an additional strawberry and serve.