In case you haven’t noticed, Brandi loves blending up different foods; and sampling the results of course! In her past recipes she has thrown a piece of cake and even a donut in a blender. This time around she blended up two candy bars (combined with a few other goodies). This leads to the question, will it blend?! There’s nothing worse than a lumpy milkshake, so we used our trusty Vitamix 300 to mix up this recipe. In our opinion, the Vitamix works just as well (if not better) than other blenders on the market. In fact, our milkshake turned out just how we like it – rich, smooth and creamy.
However, we didn’t use just any ordinary chocolate bars when making our milkshake, we used the Kona Bar. What makes these chocolate bars special is that they are made with Kona coffee beans, to provide you with a little extra perk and a little extra crunch. We used Raspberry Kona Bars in our recipe, because who doesn’t love chocolate, raspberry, coffee and ice cream? However, these bars come in other tasty tropical flavors like coconut, macadamia, vanilla, passion fruit and hibiscus, which we imagine would be equally good if you decided to substitute them in. We just started selling these bars at our retail locations, so if you live near one of our stores, make sure to come try them out.
To learn how to make this delicious coffee flavored shake, watch Brandi and Kaylie try it out in this video.
Brewin’ with Brandi: Kona Bar Milkshake
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Kona Bars (we used a raspberry flavored bar, but feel free to substitute one of their other tasty flavors)
- 4 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of hot fudge
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- Chop up the Kona Bars into medium-sized pieces
- Combine the milk and ice cream in a blender
- Add ¾ of the chopped Kona Bars to the milk/ice cream
- Blend until smooth
- Heat the fudge and drizzle it on the bottom of the cups
- Pour milkshake on top if the fudge
- Top milkshake with whipped cream and the remaining chopped Kona Bar pieces.