Now, just because the weather has changed, the leaves are turning color and you might be more motivated to sip hot apple cider next to a roaring stove than indulge in a deliciously juicy frozen dessert, there’s no reason that you shouldn’t. In fact, why not treat yourself to this luscious Creamsicle sherbet today!
Utilizing the Breville’s Smart Scoop and Juice Fountain, Brandi crafted some of the tastiest sherbet we’ve ever had. Watch as she juices some oranges, makes a yummy simple syrup and then whips up a batch of sherbet in this fun recipe video.
Recipe: Creamsicle Sherbet
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (divided)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine 1/2 cup of orange juice and the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add remaining orange juice to mixture and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Once chilled, combine the orange juice mixture, vanilla yogurt, heavy cream and orange zest; pour into the ice cream bowl.
- Set ice dream maker to 50 minutes on the manual setting and churn (this is specific to the Smart Scoop; if you’re using a different ice cream maker, check your manufacturer manual for sherbet recommendations).
- Once mixture is frozen, transfer to a freezer safe container; you can freeze it for up to 1 week.