What happens when you take something that’s pretty darn awesome all by itself and then you add more awesomeness, awesome sauce and a little but of salt? You have Candied Espresso Walnuts, that’s what.
Watch as Brandi takes on this well-loved recipe.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely ground coffee (preferably an espresso blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- half of an egg white
- 2 cups of walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Whisk sugar, coffee, cinnamon, and salt together until well combined.
- Add egg white and stir until it’s a nice paste.
- Add walnuts and mix until all of them are coated in the seasoning.
- Spread walnuts out on a non-stick cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake about 15 minutes total, removing and stirring them about every 5 minutes.
- Bake until the coating has baked into a delicious glaze.