As summer inches closer, so do the cravings for the most delicious of summertime foods: S’mores. So, what’s a girl to do when it isn’t quite campfire weather? Make Espresso Graham Cracker Cookies, of course!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso (I used Velton’s Twilight Blend)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Mix butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy
- Mix in egg and vanilla
- Stir together ground espresso, flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until well combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray
- Drop tablespoons of cookie mixture onto lined cookie sheet, giving each cookie plenty of room to spread out during baking
- Cook at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack
You may have noticed a few things, like that these cookies don’t have marshmallows (an integral ingredient in s’mores) or that traditional s’mores don’t have espresso in them. All I can say is that 1) everything tastes better when you add espresso and 2) wait until you see Brandi’s beverage on Thursday!
The cookies are pretty delicious and you can’t really go wrong with them. Plus, they’ll hold you over until the weather is nice enough for camping!