Choose Your Own Adventure: Selecting an Espresso Machine

There are hundreds of espresso machines on the market, who knows where to even start?! We often receive feedback from folks researching gear that it’s overwhelming to determine which machine would best fit their needs, why they’d choose one type of machine over the other or how their budget might impact functionality or features.

To assist in this, we’ve developed our first interactive series of videos that provide an introductory look at the different points to consider when selecting an espresso machine. As you navigate through this, Gail offers her recommendations for machines worth researching in different machine types and budget classes.

Enjoy!

8 comments for “Choose Your Own Adventure: Selecting an Espresso Machine

1. Mark
    December 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Great set of videos!

December 16, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Thank you!!! :)

2. David
    December 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Really impressed by this. What a great idea!

December 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Thank you, David! Lots of work — glad people are digging it :)

3. Quixotequest
    December 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm

What a fun adventure.

Suggestion: Find a way to go back if possible. I followed the tree that was talking about the grinder, and then it asked me how much is my budget. (I thought it was asking just about the grinder not grinder + machine.) So I ended up not choosing the right choice. Unfortunately with a video tree like this I can’t figure how one goes “back” without having to start the journey all over again.

December 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Good suggestion! I will see if there is an easy way for me to implement this after the fact…perhaps in the YouTube video description?

Thank you!!

4. Warrenff5
    December 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Wow! That took a lot of time and work! I was wondering why you guys haven’t been putting up very many videos lately, and now i have my answer!! very helpful for first time buyers!

December 20, 2011 at 11:28 am

Well that and it’s the holiday season so just crazy! Last year we didn’t do any for about 6 weeks so I have been trying to keep doing a few each week this year :)