Cool it now! 1985 was a great summer — with New Edition on our pink transistor radio, we walked down perilous highways to the nearest gas station to pick up as many Jolly Ranchers as our grubby little paws could manage. Hot summer days perforated with cherry and fire flavors were the inspiration for this chiller, which has just the right mix of sweetness and sparkling water to be a refreshing treat.
- 1/2 oz Monin Spicy Red Cinnamon syrup
- 2/3 oz Monin Cherry syrup
- 12 oz lemon lime sparkling water (preferably unsweetened — we used Talking Rain)
- Fill a 16 oz glass with ice
- Combine syrups and pour over ice
- Fill with sparkling water, stir to fully incorporate
- Head outside, turn up the radio and chill out