Introducing the Crossland Coffee CC1

Always on the lookout for new gear, we were excited by the prospect of a new entry-level machine being shepherded through development and into production by Bill Crossland, who previously designed the La Marzocco GS/3. Over the past year, we were lucky enough to play with different iterations of this machine, give general feedback on the basic functionality and beta test a final production model in our store for the past couple of months.

You know that we believe there’s a market for every machine, and while those operating in the upper echelons of espresso machine nirvana might find the CC1 a bit utilitarian, we love the fact that it effectively addresses some of the long term issues of machines in the under $1k class — namely, easily maintained temperature stability.

Watch as Bill gives a functional, spec-based overview of the new CC1, which is now available for pre-order.

11 comments for “Introducing the Crossland Coffee CC1

1. Matt
    June 2, 2011 at 12:56 am

Hey guys

This looks great…. I know you don’t ship tp Europe right now but do you know if or when it will be available in the uk?

Matt

June 2, 2011 at 10:27 am

I’m not sure; I know Bill is focusing right now on launching in the US and don’t know what (if any) plans he has around international models. I’ll post if I hear anything.

2. samwf
    June 3, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Looks like a slick machine, but I’m a little hesitant to purchase a machine that does not have a proven track record (like the Silvia). What will the warranty/service after the purchase be like (I live in Western Canada)?

Sam

3. bert
    June 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm

kat,

just ordered this machine under order nbr 79368, is it possible to have it wired to 220v? thanks and this will be my first manual machine. when can i expect delivery?

June 13, 2011 at 10:51 am

Hi Bert!

We cannot change the wiring on this machine, unfortunately, as the CC1 was specifically converted and the wattage was changed to accommodate that. So sorry we can’t offer that to you.

I have checked in with Bill to confirm that we are on track for shipping out this week; I will let you know if anything has changed.

4. Brian
    June 20, 2011 at 9:07 am

Are we able to see some shots pulled from this machine? Possibly comparing it to the Silvia as far as shot consistency goes and steaming? I am going to be making a purchase in the next couple weeks, and this would really be helpful as I’ve pretty much narrowed down my choices to these 2 machines with a Preciso grinder.

June 20, 2011 at 11:20 am

We shot a crew review video last week that I will be posting this week — you will be able to see the shot and steaming, but we do not do a side by side comparison. Likely will do that later.

• Brian
        June 20, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Just saw the video up! Thanks!

I think my decision has been made for me… For the price it seems this one over a PID’d Silvia is the way to go… You guys going to have a package price on this with a grinder and accessories by chance?

June 21, 2011 at 9:52 am

You have the option to add a grinder and it comes with a cleaning supply accessory package free, but no packages right now on this model.

5. January 16, 2012 at 7:41 am

Please, your opinion on this machine vs silvia w/ pid?…also it looks like on your web you get not only a free starter kit, but also a free bottomless portafilter…is this true??

rick

ps looking to buy by wednesday!

January 17, 2012 at 9:14 am

It has more programming than the Silvia with PID; also has a different method for water delivery so you don’t run the risk of burning out the boiler if you’re not careful.

Yes, it currently comes with a free starter kit and the bottomless PF; if you purchase a grinder at the same time, there is a $100 discount on your grinder, as well — the eligible grinders are listed on the product.

Let me know if you have any other questions -