A new spin on an old sugary stand-by, Espresso Chocolate Bark takes your grandma’s signature Peppermint Bark recipe and gives its a caffeinated kick. All you’ll need is three simple ingredients to create this buzzworthy treat.
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whole coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons coarse cane sugar
- Melt down the chocolate chips and lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Spread out the chocolate to be about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Sprinkle on the coffee beans evenly and press them into the hot chocolate gently.
- Lightly sprinkle a layer of sugar over the chocolate while it is still melted. Don’t worry about even layering since most of it will shake off when it’s dried. Just make sure to cover all of the chocolate.
- You can either let the chocolate harden at room temperature or speed the process up by putting it in the refrigerator.
- When it’s hardened, tilt the large piece of chocolate to shake off all the excess sugar. Break the chocolate into single-sized chunks.
Recipe: The Wannabe Chef