How to Change the Dosage on the Saeco Incanto Classic

If you have an Incanto Classic superautomatic espresso machine and you find that the coffee’s strength just isn’t doing it for you, it may be that the machine isn’t dosing as much coffee into your shot as you’d like. These machines can dose up to 10 grams of coffee per extraction, and you can specify the dosage range between 7 – 10 grams within the machine’s programming. Gail shows us how to do this little trick in this video.

6 comments for “How to Change the Dosage on the Saeco Incanto Classic

1. Vito
    November 8, 2011 at 4:37 am

I’m Vito from Milan (ITALY)
    Thank you very much for your video allow me to increase the quality of the coffee incresing the quantity of grams and do a better coffee (Finally !!!)

To have very good coffe on my SAECO Incanto classic i need to increase the temperature of the boiler .

Please , do you know a procedure to increase the temperature ?

Now to increase the temperature , before to make a coffee i make steam for 20 seconds .
    I know it is not a good solution , but is the only way i can do without know how to increase it automatically .

CIAO

November 9, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Hi Vito -

There’s no real way to do this; you can do what you’re doing now which will have the affect of warming the thermoblocks and the water works up even more before you make your extraction, but superautomatics in general brew at a lower temp because of the plastic in the brew group. There’s no way to get in there and mess with the wattage on the elements, so you’re kind of stuck with the process you’re doing now. Sorry we can’t offer more help! :/

2. Andrey
    May 9, 2014 at 1:40 am

Hi,

I have the Saeco incanto sirius S-class. Changing the dosage goes through 2 levels – main menu ( 1-3 coffee beans) and via test service mode ( 0, 1, 2 setting) As this machine is pre-owned I found the second setting in service mode on 2 ( meaning Aroma pre-selection Mild/ Normal /Strong goes 100/110/120 pulses for the grinder i suppose instead of grams) and its the highest. I wondered what’s the default setting in that service mode – 0,1 or 2 for the dose quantity base setting.

Servise manual of all Incanto models can be found in the web http://expert-cm.ru/images/stories/shemy_tehnich/saeco_incanto_tech_list.pdf.

If you might help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Andy

• May 9, 2014 at 9:38 am

Hi Andy,

Good question. The factory setting is “1″ or “110 pulses for the grinder” or “normal Aroma”. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Brenna

• Andrey
        May 9, 2014 at 10:47 am

Hi Brenna,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

However I think I mislead you. The table for dose quantity base adjustment (DQBA) in the test mode is like this:

DQBA setting 0:

- Mild aroma selection in main menu – 90 pulses
        - Normal aroma selection in main menu – 100 pulses
        - Strong aroma selection in main menu – 110 pluses

DQBS setting 1:

- Mild – 95 pulses
        - Normal – 105 pluses
        - Strong – 115 pulses

DQBS setting 2: ( which the machine is on now)

-Mild – 100 pulses
        -Normal – 110 pulses
        -Strong – 120 pulses

If the default setting for Aroma selection in main menu should be equal of 110 pulses that means that the DQBS should be setting 2. Am I right?

I think that this question would be in favor of many customers as there is nothing about it in the web or in the service manual.

Thanks,
        Andy

• May 27, 2014 at 9:38 am

Hi Andy,

I’m not quite sure what you are asking. If you are having an issue with the performance of your machine, I would suggest that you take it into a Saeco Certified Service Center. With your machine there, a technician should be able to answer all your questions. I hope that helps.

Thanks,