Lookin’ for a little sugar? This sweet concoction might fit the bill! Adapted from a recipe by Gordon Ramsay.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 100 g good quality dark chocolate (about 60-65% cacao)
- 125 g mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons strong espresso — cooled
- 150 ml double cream
- Garnish: 4 tablespoon double cream, a bit of grated dark chocolate and a few amaretto biscuits, crushed
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth, then remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool. (Tip: To melt chocolate in a microwave, break into small pieces and tip into a bowl. Microwave on high for a minute, give the pieces a stir, then microwave again for another minute. Stir the chocolate until smooth. This method is only suitable for plain or dark chocolate. White chocolate, in particular, is likely seize as it overheats in the microwave)
- With a hand whisk, beat the mascarpone and icing sugar together until smooth, then whisk in the espresso and the melted chocolate.
- In another bowl, whip the double cream until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the mocha mixture until well combined. Spoon the mousse into four espresso / cappuccino cups or ramekins and chill overnight.
- Just before serving, lightly whip the 4 tbsp double cream until thick and swirl over top of the mousses. Sprinkle the grated chocolate and crushed amaretto cookies on top. Serve immediately.