Recipe: Mexican Spiced Coffee
If Mexico isn’t on your travel itinerary this year, you can always pretend you’re hanging out with the locals by creating this delicious spiced coffee concoction. This will make enough for three cups of coffee, so invite over your pals for a little fiesta after your siesta!
- 1/3 cup of your favorite ground drip coffee
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice
- Combine coffee, cinnamon and nutmeg in coffee filter or in filter basket of an electric drip coffee maker
- Pour water into water reservoir of coffee maker.
- Combine sweetener and orange juice in carafe of coffee maker
- Brew and serve black, with milk and/or sugar as desired.